July 22, 2017

A loving sigh for July

FOR TODAY...

Saturday, July 22, 2017


Outside my window...

A quiet sunny neighborhood. Where is everyone?
Where are all the walkers, bikers, runners?

Probably camping, or boating or enjoying the Lavender festival.

It's a beautiful day, why stay home? 

I am thankful...

For time to think.

I am wearing...

A blue blouse and jeans rolled up to my calves.

From the kitchen..

Asian chicken salad 
(extra cilantro on mine)

Ice cream bars for dessert

In our home school..

Light work

Sophia is maintaining regular Russian studies
N and N do Piano and Math daily. 
But mostly...
riding bikes,
making dolls,
sewing,
drawing,
scrapbooking,
Nerf gun wars...

Playing.

I am learning...

About waiting, and trusting, and hoping against all odds.

My hope is built on Nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, His righteousness


I am enjoying...

This Summer

I am going...

to start a cottage school.


I am taking enrollments for this Fall, 2017
mostly (but not limited to) the upper grades.

Our curriculum will be

Ambleside Online

I  remember...

That Nothing is impossible with God.

I am reading...

"The House of Arden" aloud in the evenings with my family.
It's fun.

and countless texts, articles, assignments for school this Fall.

Around the house...

Clean carpets!
Last Saturday, I came home to all my furniture out on the deck.

What? 
My neighbor had washed the carpets. Such a kind gift.

I am hearing...

The door slam...again.

 The kids either leave the door wide open,
giving generous invitation to flies and mosquitoes,
or they SLAM it shut,
Ensuring  the dishes rattle in my hutch.

It's probably like that at your house too?

A quote to share...

(actually 2 quotes)

“The real secret of an unsatisfied life lies too often in an unsurrendered will.” 
~ J. Hudson Taylor

 For none of us lives to himself, and no man dies to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. ~ Romans 14:7-8

What I am thinking about...


We need silence to come to conclusions.

Technology is loud.
Innumerable ideas and thoughts are passed out in a day.
How many of them are really my own?
How many of them are from God?

For me, the only way to come to any personal conclusions,
I must have silence, particularly from technology.

Children, Teens, need to come by certain thoughts independently in order to own them, to take responsibility for their beliefs.

The best place for this "silence" is in nature, away from technology.

Nature studies will be a big part of my school.


Some of my favorite things...

A view of the water, or the mountains, or a lush forest.

I'm so blessed to live in a place with all these in a single view every day.


A few plans for the month:

Don and Geri visiting all next week...Yeah!

August will have to plan itself.

 A Picture thought to share:


These same fields are in full bloom today...a deep rich purple.
I'll go next weekend when the crowds are gone.

Hopefully, the blueberry bushes will be full for picking too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.