June 23, 2016

Another June Tune

FOR TODAY...

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Outside my window...

Grey and wet.
Last night it rained heavily. Today has been a constant mist.

I am thankful...

For the same old things.
Is that OK?
Boring?

Are your children alive and well? Is your home a safe and comfortable place?
A happy place? Do you have food to eat and nice clothes to wear? How about electricity and running water? Yes? Then, you are like me! Very Rich!

But what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and yet lose his soul?

I am thankful that if all of this was gone, It is well with my soul.

I am wearing...

A black skirt with an aqua colored tank and black cardigan.

Ladies, will you join me in putting away the hoodies and jeans?
When you wear a modest dress you make our environment lovely.

A dress seems to say, "Today is important." And it is isn't it? It's the only one we have.

From the kitchen..

Maybe you should tell me what's in YOUR kitchen. It would be more interesting.
I seem to be in a meal rut.

It's either fish tacos or eggs on toast with avocado.

In our home school...

We are discussing two things: Personality and Creation

Number 1:

What does it mean "He who loses his life shall save it and he who saves his life shall lose it?"
Does the Christian own his personality?

Number 2:

God gave us His creation in order to create.
God created words, math, science, nature, color, music.
We are created to create, so, what are we creating?

I am creating...

That is the question!

I don't know the answer. I limit my thoughts to something artistic, which would be NOTHING.
But, then, I think of the environment of my home,
the training of my children,
the investment into my relationships.

Perhaps daily living is creating, creating a life for myself and those around me.

WOW. If I go there, where living is creating, I become accountable for so much more than surviving.

I am enjoying...

A summer off.

No bus driving until September.

I am going... 

for a misty walk with the kids.

I am remembering...

I need to clean all the vents in my house. They should be removed and washed with soap and water.

I am reading...

Parables of Nature by Mrs. Alfred Gatty.

I enjoy children's books, do you?

Around the house...

Pens, ink pots, paper.

Monday is, sadly, our last calligraphy/lettering class.

I am hearing...

The kids discuss their joint money.

Foot ferry and ice cream cones? Save up for a kayak? Bowling?

Now I am hearing, "MmmOOOOOOmmm!"

Uh oh. I don't want to get involved.

A quote to share...

"Rejoice in the Lord, always, and again, I say, Rejoice!"

We rejoice in the Lord, not our circumstances.
We rejoice always, not when it is convenient.

Some of my favorite things...

Ocean breezes,
Red poppies,
Children,
Tea and cookies.

A few plans for the month:

Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch.

Yesterday, I had many plans, but things have changed.
Again, I find myself living in the moment, this day only, wondering, waiting,
yet living still, doing the next thing.

I plan on cleaning my vents. Come over and help me...I won't splash you, maybe.

Some picture thoughts to share:


The city of Westport.






Looking up to see...

This! Inside the lighthouse at Westport, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.