April 23, 2016

April Showers...not so much.

FOR TODAY...

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Outside my window...

a perfect Spring day...

Sunshine, clouds, sprinkles, warm air.

It's felt much more like Summer than Spring.

I am thankful...

for pleasure, 
for the ability to enjoy good things.
Have you ever considered how life is so FULL of good things!!

I am wearing...

 A red and white striped nautical shirt with jeans.

From the kitchen..

chicken salad lettuce wraps.
(secret ingredient: feta cheese)

I am learning...

Not to take things personally.

It's a little scary telling you that because now I am accountable.
Will I take my next trial personally or walk through it by faith?

When a crisis comes, if we see it as an opportunity to hear from God
then we don't take the crisis personally.

If, on the other hand, we are fearful, confused, or troubled, seeking only relief,
then we are taking the crisis personally.

Learning...


I am making...

Plans...Summer plans.
Naomi wants to start her own business.
Sophia wants to go somewhere AWESOME.
Noah wants to use his boat...every day.

To do: buy materials for Naomi
get passports "to be ready"
mark calendar for days at the lake or the beach.

I am enjoying...

The blooming trees...especially the lilacs and the dogwoods.
I've also enjoyed watching the maple leaves begin and grow.
Amazing how they start out so tiny and grow larger than a dinner plate.

I am going... 

To hang some flower pots.

My camellia tree is almost finished blooming.

The rhodies are about to pop.


I am remembering...

My sister's visit.

COME BACK!!


Thank you for the laughs.


I am reading...

Phantastes by George MacDonald
It was a surprise from the owner of the used bookstore I frequent.
I love little surprises.


Around the house...

Fresh changes.
I traded out the red accents for teal and white accents.

It feels bright, cheerful.

I am hearing...

The kids happy chattering.
They took a hunting/survival class this week with our neighbors.
It was three long nights followed by a test on the fourth day.
 THEY PASSED!


Now, they can be trained on how to use our own guns.

A quote to share...

“As in all sweetest music, a tinge of sadness was in every note. Nor do we know how much of the pleasures even of life we owe to the intermingled sorrows. Joy cannot unfold the deepest truths, although deepest truth must be deepest joy.”
― George MacDonald, Phantastes

Some of my favorite things...

Walks in the sunshine
Beautiful paintings
Jasmine tea and almond tarts
The pain of a good laugh


A few plans for the month:
Get passports
A week of field trips
Visits with Miss B and Miss J and Miss M.

(I love a good visit, don't you?)

Some picture thoughts to share:





These are the beginnings of the maple trees...
the leaves are much larger now, about the size of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.