February 26, 2016

February bo berry

FOR TODAY...

Friday, February 26, 2016

Outside our window...

Rain again.

I am thankful...

For solutions. 
Some things in life you learn to live with, but some things...
HEAL, 
CHANGE, 
are NO LONGER a PROBLEM. 

Wonderful! I am thankful for that.

I am wearing...

black.

Looking forward to Spring and the rotation of all my
polka dot dresses. 

I'm tired of wearing jeans.

From the kitchen..

Anything!!

We've been out of our house the last few days due to septic issues.
It is so nice to be home!

I'll probably pull out the crock pot for something comforting.

I am learning...

About Seasons.

I passed two forgotten pleasures today: A giant maple and an old dogwood.

Forgotten for months, they are barren branches against a wet, grey sky.

Suddenly, I remembered them in their glory. The dogwood in full bloom is one of the most beautiful in the city (and, yes, I do rate them every Spring). The maple is a dream come true for shade in the summer and colorful beauty in the fall. Our family has planned many a tree house for this special tree.

But, today, they are unnoticed, unfruitful, and nearly forgotten.

Do you every feel like that? I do.

I feel that very much lately.

But this is just a season: a season of rest, preparation, and learning. 
Soon, it will be Spring, and then Summer, and then the winding down of Fall followed by another "dead" winter. 

 "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." - Gen 8:22 KJV

I am creating...

new thinking habits.

Thoughts come so naturally they seem a reflection of me.

I think, rather I am a reflection of my thoughts. Just because I think them doesn't make them true, doesn't make them mine. I am free to take my thoughts captive and decide if they are worthy or not. 
This house doesn't have room for thoughts that leave me defeated or afraid.


I am hearing...

The loud buzz of a crowd outside the shop.
(I'm typing in-between customers)

Many people come in to shop or chat while they wait for a table at the restaurant. 

I am going... 

to cut my hair...still...eventually...soon.

I am remembering...

My mom.

Is there someone you miss always?

I am reading...

Another MacDonald novel with the kids. 
Would you believe they ask to read "our book?"

It's been a nice tradition to read aloud together.

Around the house...

It is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!

Why am I so excited about this?
Because the septic backed into my house earlier this week.

What a disaster!...a smelly disaster. Yuck.

Finally, everything is repaired and disinfected.

A quote to share...

 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper. - Psa 1:3 KJV

Some of my favorite things...

birds

my own bed

a clean car

A few plans for the month:

Extra routes at work.
Plan my daughters birthdays.

A picture thought to share:


1952-2012

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, so true about feeling barren at times, but the Lord is growing something inside you and I that will be revealed when we see Him in His glory! Yucky about the septic problem and glad with you that it's fixed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a month and year i think of our son ,he woukd be 12 if the Lord would have let us have him. But joyful to carty him9 months. I love that you love polka dots. I never wear them but love to see it on other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Alicia, I can imagine missing a child I carried always. Makes me sad you have that loss in your life.

      Why don't you wear polka dots? I dare you to get something for the spring with dots and see if it doesn't make you and others smile 😊!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.