January 30, 2016

Peaceful Day

FOR TODAY...

Saturday, January 30, 2015

Outside our window...

Sunshine teasing.

One minute I see him through the trees, the next shining on that patch of grass.
I love it when he pours himself through my window to warm my face.

I am thankful...

For good friends.

I am wearing...

red shoes

From the kitchen..

Tacos and...

if Sophia will do something with that bright bowl of lemons...

a lemon cake.

Pretty please, Sophia?

I am learning...

That not many Christians yearn for Christ.

We seek personal comfort, praise, or destiny over Jesus Christ.

I am creating...

lists and brainstorms and chapters.
It is hard to let go of such personal thoughts; to put them in a book.

If it wasn't for Fear this book would have been written long ago.

I am also learning to kick Fear's butt...he's not as strong as I thought he was.
Sometimes I find he is only a shadow and I laugh at myself for being deceived.

I am hearing...

"Brown eyed girl" playing in the background

I am going... 

to cut my hair

I am remembering...

The young man that asked for my daughter's phone number.

I don't think so.

I am reading...

The sermons of Thomas Doolittle.
I love the way the old preachers included poetry in their sermons.

Around the house...

new spaces as we rearrange the furniture and clean out those dark dusty corners.

I hate clutter.

A quote to share...

"We set ourselves on the throne and God as the created when we are concerned with time rather than eternity." ~ Thomas Doolittle

Some of my favorite things...

a good story

A few plans for the month:

The month is over!...but some events coming up are:

A disaster preparedness class with my neighbors.
Drive another field trip - this time high school boys basketball.
A thorough scrub of the house...dark dusty corners are calling out to me.

A picture thought to share:


Looking forward to Spring.

4 comments:

  1. I hate clutter too :)) It drives me mad and with less clutter, keeping the home tidy is so much easier I find. Its hard to believe that Jan has gone do fast - another year racing ahead too fast! Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Friend! Thanks for your comment. I know, time is whizzing by. It's good to slow down to take it all in. Good week to you too.

      Delete
  2. "We set ourselves on the throne and God as the created when we are concerned with time rather than eternity." ~ Thomas Doolittle

    Love that! Now I'm going to hunt up Pastor Doolittle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't be sorry, Susan. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.