September 20, 2015

Apples and warfare


FOR TODAY...

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Outside our window...

Heavy grey clouds
Unusually warm air
Ripening apple trees

It looks like Autumn but feels like a Summer thunderstorm brewing.

I am thankful...

For a peaceful afternoon at home

I am wearing...

A blue dress.

Every woman should have a good blue dress...I'm thankful to have several.
A blue dress is usually a pretty and appropriate thing to wear anytime.

From the kitchen..

Tea, as always.

Breakfast for dinner...ham, eggs, potatoes with a tomato cucumber salad.

I am learning...

About Spiritual Warfare

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Real life is invisible. We walk by faith and not by sight. If we belong to Christ we have crucified the flesh, but what does that mean when we are still living (stuck) in it? The flesh (our body) has been crucified with Christ...yet we are battling it's constant lusts (demands) daily.

Thus, the war...spiritual warfare.

The wonderful thing about the spiritual life is FRUIT.

It is invisible in that you can't pick it up and package it, however, you can still experience it.

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. 
Gal 5:19-21 ESV

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 
Gal 5:22-23 ESV

The way I explain this to my children is that there is nothing that can prevent the fruit of the Spirit. No abuse, injustice, catastrophe, or surprise can keep the fruit of the Spirit from manifesting if we are yielded to the Spirit...If the Spirit is given authority to rule our bodies.

Even in the face of evil love can rule...peace can rule, patience, kindness, etc. It is by the power of God, the grace of God, through Jesus Christ.

I am creating...

A devotional book for young people called

"The Invisible Life"

I am going... 

To help my friend open a store in Gig Harbor.
This is a road I never planned on walking...but here I am walking it.

We'll see what happens.

I am remembering...

How pampered I am.

This morning I came downstairs to find tea and toast waiting for me.

Noah had my purse and keys,
Naomi had my Bible.
Sophia had my phone.

All I did was walk out the door with my tea in hand.
The kids started the car, the radio was on.

I drove to church while giving orders to my "assistant."

Mascara! (done)
Lip Gloss! (done)
Lotion! (done)

I said, "Now, all I need is a chauffeur!"

My eager 14 year old replied, "In two years, Mom, only two more years and I'll be your chauffeur!"

I can't wait, my Dear!

I am reading...

Nothing really...too busy lately.

Around the house...

Are signs of a baby.
I babysit in the mornings before my school bus route.

This little job allows me to home school.

With a baby on my hip, I check spelling, explain algebra, correct Spanish pronunciation.

The other day, at Violin lessons, a woman said to me, "I didn't even notice you were pregnant!"

HA! That made me burst out laughing.

A quote to share...

"Here is the glory of Bible study: that if we learn God's will, and then do it we shall grow like God.  But its peril is that we rest content with a knowledge of the text and go no further, like travelers who sit down in the road and imagine they have reached the king's palace." ~ Harold St. John

Some of my favorite things...

A kind smile from a stranger

Home grown produce and farm fresh eggs

An old hymn sung confidently by a happy congregation

Fresh pressed cider

A few plans for the month:

Decorate a store

Make bottles, change diapers, kiss chubby toes and neck of a baby

Drive a school bus all over town

Ladies prayer meeting

Work on my book

Color

Walk on the beach

Pick apples

Some picture thoughts to share:


Me and my future chauffeur riding the Great Wheel in Seattle


The city behind


The view from near the top.
Yes, my legs felt like jello.

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.