July 7, 2015

Unto the pure all things are pure

Noah holds an invisible microphone and sings with authority. The girls and I sing back-ground vocals. We dance to the rhythm, taken in by sound, the masters of our own world when He unexpectedly calls me. My heart immediately turns to Him. 

What one minute was just for fun takes on depth and seriousness. I am transported, filled with satisfaction yet also left with a deep longing. I empty myself worshiping the Lover of my soul. 

The lyrics become His voice to me.

So take it all
So take it all,
the city's yours,
the city's mine,
it's worth fighting for
it's worth fighting for,
it's all mine
it's all mine

He calls me to pray for my city and to take it. I receive it with joy.


Then, the lyrics become my voice. I offer him my life. He can take it all, what is mine is His.

Finally, the lyrics become a reminder. Satan offered Jesus the whole world if He would only bow down to worship him...but NO. Jesus would not take it that way. He would purchase us His way. It would cost everything--His blood--but that was, the only way.

God is a Spirit and they that worship him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. He is Lord of all. He can take even a worldly song and turn it into something Holy. Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God almighty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.