July 3, 2015

July fly by


FOR TODAY

Friday July 3rd, 2015

Outside my window...

A trimmed laurel hedge...finally...thank you gardeners!


I am thankful...

For a clear mind.
For a solid footing.
For understanding.
For Truth.

In the kitchen...

there is food.
Open the fridge and have whatever you want.
Personally, I am too hot to eat.

If you will be patient, I'll throw something together that doesn't have to be cooked.
Perhaps some cold cuts with fruit/veggies??

I am wearing...

A brown and white polka dot tank dress.
flip flops

I am hearing...

blessed silence, buzzing flies, an occasional flutter of the curtains from a hot breeze.

The constant humming of the hedge trimmers has stopped.

I am going...

to pour some cold lemonade. Do you want some too?

On my mind...

Life as a Christian.

It is not about our FRUIT.

The legalistic conservative and the liberal humanitarian are looking for the same thing: Fruit from their labors, their good choices, their lofty ideas.

This is the wrong train on the wrong track.

Being a Christian is about knowing and following Christ.
The fruit in our life is the fruit of the SPIRIT...not us, not our efforts.

I am reading...

Pilgrims Progress

I am hoping...

to sleep well despite the mosquito bites

I am remembering...

A very personalized tour of our state capitol a few days ago.



Bob, our guide, giving the history and details of the architecture.


An excellent and thorough lesson on government right in the House of Representatives.


All the lamps and chandeliers made by Tiffany & Co.


I'd make a good governor don't you think? 
First item of business: a much smaller chair.


Can you see the kids (so tiny) on the steps?
Washington's state capitol is the third largest mason dome in the world.


Looking up at the dome


A more beautiful ceiling where we picnicked after the tour.


Around the house...

It is too clean and quiet.
The children are camping with their dad.
 I don't like an empty house.
Give me my rascals over silent cleanliness any day.

One of my favorite things...

A starry sky.

A few plans for the rest of the month:

Blueberry picking.
A picnic with a special family.
Noah's birthday.

A quote to share...

"One of the most liberating declarations in the New Testament is this: 'The true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.' Here the nature of worship is shown to be wholly spiritual. True religion is removed from diet and days, from garments and ceremonies, and placed where it belongs-in the union of the spirit of man with the Spirit of God!"

~ A.W. Tozer

click HERE for more daybooks

7 comments:

  1. Every precious word above is so awesome Laura, I love what you say about the fruit of the Spirit compared with works religion, so true! Give me more Jesus, more Spirit, less self, which might also include more rejection and persecution and suffering, but a relationship with Jesus is so valuable that those are a small price to pay. Linking to my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! It's always a pleasure to connect with you. How's your summer so far? Are you near the fires? Thank you for the link up.

      Delete
    2. Which fires? Where? ...I guess not, lol

      My summer is going wonderfully! But we are having an extra abundance of mosquitoes here because we've have a lot of rain! I'm in Ontario Canada...we are so blessed my husband has been busy with lots of work so compared to many who are losing their jobs things are very good for us, blessed and always remembering where the blessings come from...

      And you are welcome! Are you on Facebook? I put lots of info there on my page, and follow a few interesting groups praying for the lost, and for encouragement and warnings...so many strange things going on today...it will get uglier before it gets better so hang on in prayer! :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm on Facebook...Laura Santos without Elizabeth. I'm glad for the blessings in your life. You have the heart and means to bless others. Our great God, the same yesterday, today and always.

      Delete
    4. That's true Laura, we have a few employees right now, but just as the Lord giveth the Lord can take away, times of plenty, times of famine, and always Romans 8:28 is there to remind us God uses everything, the good and the bad, for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose, so thankful that God recycles :)

      Delete
    5. Tried to find you on FB, there are so many Laura Santos!!! If you would like to be FB friends look me up, I think there is only one of me...I think...(?) under Susan Zyp

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.