May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
3 John 1:4


A beautiful gift to me!! 
This necklace is so pretty. 
I love how it catches the light making little rainbow prisms to dance around me.


Another lovely gift to me...A car wash. YEAH!

It fairly sparkles!

~oOo~


The Teacher

LORD, who am I to teach the way
To little children day by day,
So prone myself to go astray?

I teach them KNOWLEDGE, but I know
How faint they flicker and how low
The candles of my knowledge glow.

I teach them POWER to will and do,
But only now to learn anew
My own great weakness through and through.

I teach them LOVE for all mankind
And all God's creatures, but I find
My love comes lagging far behind.

Lord, if their guide I still must be,
Oh let the little children see
The teacher leaning hard on Thee.

~Leslie Pinckney Hill
(1880-1960)

~oOo~


Thai food, rhodies from my yard, and happy HAPPY times with special people.

Gene has our names written on his hands as a loving remembrance of Isaiah 49:16

"See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands..."


Betty, you are much more than a friend to me...more like a mother.

You can never know all the brushstrokes, highlights and shadows that make up the picture you are in my life.

"Few delights can equal the presence of one whom we trust utterly."
~ George MacDonald.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.


A very delightful gift were the many many cards and poems from the kids.

"3 KIDZ NEWZ" (their personal newspaper)
was dedicated entirely to me.

But the BEST were the homemade questionnaires they filled out.

Some of my favorite answers include:

~ Mom is really good at...."playing catch."

~ I love my mom because..."she forgives me when I'm bad, she's there when I'm sad. Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't know it!"

~ Something Mom can do that I can't..."roll her R's"

~ Mom's really good at..."cleaning every nook and cranny and lecturing."

(oh my...sorry kids, I think)

~ Something Mom can do that I can't..."arm wave dance move."

(that one made me laugh)

~ Your Mom's nickname..."Big Momma."

(All three of them said this...what?! I assume Big refers to the one in charge and not my size...right? I hope.)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day from another mom of three! Love the necklace--those colors are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Red is my favorite color. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day too.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated mother's day I love the newspaper, and clean car, and I always enjoy pretty jewels! When I read about the kingdom during King Solomon's reign, even though I know we shouldn't put trust in wealth and beauty (which always fades and wealth doesn't last, can't take it with you out of this life) I can't help but think of how beautiful that kingdom must have been....but that kingdom didn't last either. Have you ever had a dream in which you find a great treasure and you want to wake up still holding onto it? And the disappointment when awakening to find it evaporated like a mirage in the desert? I think when we die and awaken with our new bodies, those of us who put all our trust in that stuff will be disappointed in not having their stuff and their former status and power (if they were worldly powerful) if they are saved at all, perhaps most of them will find themselves outside of heaven forever...but the treasures we have in Christ don't seem like much to those worldly rich, but they are the finest and enduring treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember ever having a dream about great treasure. I have had dreams where I am with people I love and then I wake up and I'm not with them, nor ever will be. I don't like those dreams, but it does make me look forward to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not GREAT treasure, in my dream (when I was very young) I dreamt of finding lots of pennies, dimes, quarters...in fact I had this dream again recently, but just before awakening I sense that it is only a dream and hopeful of being able to take my little treasures with me to wake up land. :)

      Delete
    2. I did say "great treasure" didn't I?....but to me when I was a little kid, finding even a quarter was huge! ;)

      Delete
    3. You're so cute, Susan. We will be amazed when we get to the ultimate "wake-up land". Hugs.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.