May 3, 2015

In the Merry Month of May


FOR TODAY

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Outside my window...

Warm sunshine
Dancing swallows
An inviting red chair...
too much moss in the lawn


I am thankful...

For the (not too hot) heat of the day...I run on solar power.
For divine appointments.

I felt like Philip with the Ethiopian Eunuch yesterday having three divinely orchestrated appointments, all a true blessing and adventure.

I am thankful that there is a Great and Mighty, LOVING Father who is in control.

In the kitchen...

banana-coconut-pineapple smoothies.
(with spinach)

I am wearing...

one of my blue polka dot dresses with red shoes.
Thankful for weather warm enough to wear dresses again.

I am hearing...

The chirping birds.
So glad to live in a quiet neighborhood full of trees.

And some "Buena Vista Social Club" in the background.

I am going...

to wash my car...really I am...maybe not today, but soon...probably this month.

On my mind...

Sibling Rivalry. 
God wants to provide for His body with His body.
I was talking to my daughters about this.

For instance, FRIENDSHIP.
God would like us to have friends who don't criticize, who know our faults, our weaknesses and fears, yet choose to love, accept, even encourage, rather than control or accuse.

He provides this first, I think, through siblings.

But we will not be it...or do it. We will not let Him love His way through our body. 

We love our life too much. Selfishness, pride, fear leads us to love people OUR way.
Thus, we don't often experience a tangible expression of God's love because God doesn't have our life...truly.

"I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and delivered himself up for me."
Galatians 2:20

I am reading...

Emily Dickenson.

and skimming a few books on how to help children
through the grief of divorce.

I am hoping...

To shed a few pounds.
Yikes!!

Not so comforting words lately..."Mom, I like hugging you...so soft and pudgy."

Cutting out carbs and walking more.

I am remembering...

Trees and students.

I use the trees to distract the students from bickering or roughhousing.

They can point out my favorite Flowering Dogwood or Lilac for a prize.
Often times it leads to them asking,
"What's the name of that tree?"

I Love It!

Once, I told the children I call the Golden Chain tree a "Corn on the cob tree."
After that we discovered "bubble gum" trees and "Grape Candy" trees...
so cute.

Around the house...

A change in chores.
Sophia, the new laundress, Naomi, the new scullery maid.
Noah still does the bathrooms...no one wanted to trade with him.

One of my favorite things...

Little kindnesses.
A friend gave me, not one, but two boxes of my favorite Jasmine tea. 
I was especially thankful because the store I shop at no longer carries it.
Yeah!

A few plans for the rest of the month:

Same old, same old...with Mother's Day, Memorial Day and hopefully a visit from my Don thrown in.

(and a car wash...probably...maybe)

A picture thought to share...




(Click on this LINK for other daybooks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.