April 21, 2015

He beckons me to come away with Him


On my way to a Ladies Retreat.
What would the Lord do there?
What would He say?


For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, 
even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:20


Be still and know that I am God...


The view from my room.


I loved all the red touches...the bench is red/white gingham 
though it looks pink in the picture.


Morning light,
birds chirping and whistling,
Crisp, clean air begging you to inhale deeply.



Sunrise burning through the forest.


Quiet solitary walk in the Olympic rain forest,
the only sounds my steps, my breathing and the 
lively action of all the hidden creatures.


The Refuge...a tangible place to rest in THEE Refuge.

 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
Psalm 62:7



We enjoyed a short hike to a refreshing waterfall.


The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.
Revelation 22:17



We all climbed into the Durango to drive up a mountain.
This was the point when, carsick, I said, 
"I hope it's worth it, whose idea was this anyway?"


When I said, "Wow. This was my idea, you know."
Only a part of  the magnificent view.


 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Matthew 6:26

~oOo~

It was a great time of focusing on our Redemption and what that means in practical living.

"O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endures forever. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he has redeemed from the hand of the enemy." 
Psalm 107:1-2

We are redeemed for the sake of the Redeemer who wants to give to the redeemed HIMSELF.

 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Romans 8:10

I hope that you will join us next time. I am greatly refreshed, and encouraged by all that The Holy Spirit did for me and for the lovely ladies that came.


Love you good friends and sisters in the Lord. I miss you!!


2 comments:

  1. So so pretty Laura, I love your room and view of your get away time...and I would have gone on that ride with you!!!!! Wow oh wow, even in a fallen damaged condition what God has made is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would have loved our meetings even more than the scenery, Susan.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.