February 3, 2015

Tea Time


 I'm Having...

Jasmine tea in a pretty cup and saucer...
Also, a slice of raisin toast with turkey and havarti.

Are you hungry? Let me fix you a sandwich.

I'm feeling...

Happy, and tired, and expectant.

I feel like I'm waiting...waiting...for what I wonder?
It's exciting, hopeful and dreadful...

An adventure.

I'm Thankful for...

THE MAN, Christ Jesus. 

Being a single mother is hard. There is so much to deal with...alone: discipline, bills, home and car repairs, future plans, mentoring, home school, carpooling, breakfast-lunch-dinner...the list goes on.

The other night Noah had a very high fever which came on suddenly.
He also was extremely tired and couldn't stay awake. I gave him all the customary treatments, but I wondered what to do with him in the night.

I prayed, "Lord, what should I do? Should I stay downstairs to watch over him? Should I have him sleep with me? What should I look out for?"

I felt the Lord's gentle answer in strange words...words a man might use. 
"Why don't you go to sleep, and I'll stay up to take care of him."

Oh, No! I couldn't do that, I thought. Someone needs to watch over him, to make sure he doesn't get worse, to offer him water in the night.

I asked again, "Lord, what should I do? Which would be more prudent? To stay downstairs or bring him up with me?"

Again, a still small voice, "Why don't you go to sleep, and I'll stay up to take care of him."

Against all my "common sense" I obeyed. I woke refreshed and so did Noah...fever gone.
I think the experience was not so much to see Noah healed as it was to learn to hear the voice of my Savior.

I'm thankful that the Lord is so intimate with me. Do you know him intimately, too?

Tell me about it!

A picture...


These are two of my favorite possessions...inherited from my mother.

They are antiques she bought from her antiquing days.

I don't know how old they are, or even their value...probably more sentimental than anything.

But, we do like old things don't we?

There is something older than EVERYTHING that I enjoy...that we all can enjoy.

Something from before my grandmother, or great-great-great grandmother.
Something from before the foundation of the world.

It is that I was chosen!!

Before there was an earth I was chosen...you too.
Before there was an earth an inheritance was prepared for us...an inheritance much better than a pair of opal earrings.

(Titus 1:1-2, Eph 1:4)



5 comments:

  1. Oh Laura....so true....so heartfelt.... Thank you for sharing these intimate conversations you have with our Redeemer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It pains me when I hear people say God doesn't speak to us today. True that there are charlatans out there making a mockery of the truth, doing sideshow tricks and parlor games saying the miracles and bogus healings are from God. But do the charlatans disprove the truth about God?

    Just yesterday I didn't listen to "the still small voice" trying to warn me I was headed for trouble, but I forged ahead anyway not seeing what harm it could do...in fact I was boasting about my husband to one of his aunts, what could be wrong? As soon as she left my husband reproved me for the very thing, explaining how what I said is setting him up for trouble with another family member. Ouch. Not a huge deal...it'll eventually be ok, but I should have listened!!! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, I have done the exact same thing. Thank God His mercies are new every morning and He works all things together for our good. Happy day, dear friend.

      Delete
  3. This post was very touching and sincere. Thanks again for allowing me to be blessed by my visit here. God bless you and continue to protect your lovely family as you daily listen to His Loving Voice. ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome, Nadine. Thank you for your kind visit and for your blessing. Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.