January 2, 2015

It starts with an R...

What was the last thing,

OR,

Who was the last person you wanted so badly it hurt?

The longing so intense, you cried, you prayed, you hoped.

Would you believe that God has that same longing for you? Hard to believe, huh? We believe God loves us. “For God so loved the world…,” but, do we really know how He loves us?

We forget that we are created by Him for Him. We forget that we are created in His image.

God sees, hears and hurts; He is jealous over the one He loves.

I was thinking the other day of the intensity of God’s love for me:

His eye is upon me,
He knows the number of hairs on my head,
He bottles my tears,
I am engraved on the palms of his hands,
He knows everything about me, my thoughts, my sin, my needs.
He never stops thinking of me, so much so that his thoughts toward me outnumber the sand on the seashore.

That's intense!

Do you identify?

Remember when you couldn't get him, (or it) off your mind? Perhaps it was your dying mother, the man who makes your heart leap, or the wayward son. Perhaps it is your cancer, a promotion, or the new house. Do you remember that season when it was all consuming?

One minute you are vacuuming, the next minute you are slouched over sighing deeply and loudly with an ache to have your longing satisfied.

That is a picture of His longing for YOU... for ME. Can you believe it?

"...with great mercies I will gather thee."

"...How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings,"

"...His banner over me is love."

It is amazing Love! Rejoice!

I feel like 2014 has been a preparation, a journey to this great wide ocean of 2015.

It sparkles with mystery and depth. What lies beneath its surface? What awaits me on the other side? Will I make it to the other side?...This 2015 ocean called "REDEEMED."

I know WHO I am: a daughter, friend, bride of the great I AM.

I know WHOSE I am: I am redeemed; I have been purchased and I no longer belong to myself.

But, I stand on the shore. The waves have crashed over my feet. I have walked in up to my ankles, even to my waist, but now, now is the time to set sail, to go out and discover, to live the adventure of REDEEMED.

2015, here I come!!


"For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain." 
Phil 1:21

"For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"
Col 1:19








linking up with Arabah Joy



9 comments:

  1. Wow! My tears are falling as I read these passionate words shaped on the anvil of hardship...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a journey you take us on in this post, friend. That is one powerful reminder of how God sees us. Thank you for sharing and linking up at The Loft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to share! I hoped that I could get across my desire to satisfy his longing as well as mine in Him. God bless you.

      Delete
  3. What a great word! You wrote so eloquently about it too! :) Be blessed in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessing. I'll come over for a visit.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful word! What a concept, how He sees us, yes? May your year be full of joy as you grow in the knowledge of your identity as a beloved daughter of the Most High!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. I pray the same for you...joy!

      Delete
  5. Redeemed! It is what separates Christ followers from the crowd. What a beautiful word for 2015!! Thanks for joining us at The Loft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah for your comment and your kind visit. I am so happy to visit with you. God bless you.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.