January 7, 2015

A January Daybook


FOR TODAY

Wednesday January 7, 2015

Outside my window...

a cold, dim, grey, white, wet and bare day.

Oh for some color, some sunshine, SPRING!

I think I'll put together a colorful vignette at home--
perhaps a bowl of lemons and oranges,
some green-house grown daisies for the blue and white tea pot,
more candles lit.

I am thankful...

Seasons are just seasons, they are not eternal.

In the kitchen...

An Apple Cake.

Salmon, rice and broccoli for dinner.

We enjoyed grilled roast beef/sauerkraut sandwiches last night.

I am wearing...

A rose colored turtleneck sweater,
my favorite lace throw around my shoulders and
pearl earrings.

I am hearing...

This song play over and over in my head.
Sophia received their CD for Christmas and it is forever playing...

Are songs eternal?




I am going...

To be anxious for nothing...easier said than done!

No sooner have I given up my anxious thoughts, my pressing fears, to the able Lover of my Soul, then another anxiety presents itself.

On my mind...

I am just a sheep in need of a Shepherd.
What wolves would dare bite me with Him so near?

His rod and His staff, they comfort me.


I am reading...

2 Corinthians with delight
and lots of home school chapters.

I am hoping...

And praying for the Ladies Retreat I am putting together for early March.

I hope that lives are changed, that God is glorified, that it would be an event to remember...more than just a time out, but a big turn around for the women that attend.

I am remembering...

Naomi's biggest regret in 2014.

Our family reviewed the good, the bad and the ugly of last year.
We also talked about our dreams for this new year.

Surprisingly, her biggest regret made my heart light, and made us all laugh. It gave me hope and confidence that God really is taking care of my children through the struggles we face.

Her biggest regret?

She was at the movie theater with her Annie Mona.
Before the movie, she put a quarter in the gumball machine and out came, not one, but TWO gumballs as well as her quarter!! She happily gave the quarter back to Annie Mona.

Her biggest regret is not getting ten more gumballs with that broken machine and free quarter.

Around the house...

only the Christmas quilt still on the wall.

Everything else has been put away for the year.



A quote for today...


While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Cor. 4:18
One of my favorite things...

A long sleep.

I don't sleep well, do you?

When I do get a good sleep in, it is such a treasure.

A few plans for the rest of the month:

Working,
Driving,
Teaching,
Driving,
Planning,
Driving,

and then if I have time I will probably...

Drive.


A picture thought to share...


 
The yummy days!!
 
I could eat them up...

(Click on this LINK for other daybooks)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laura Elizabeth. You have such a way with words. I do like reading your daybook entries. They are always with hope and surrender and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, you are such a dear. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope your new year is going well so far.

      Delete
  2. Hello again!
    Always a treat and encouragement to catch up with you here - altho I do not envy your frequent driving. When I was much younger perhaps... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Melanie. Thanks for stopping by. I used to like driving when I was younger too, FAST. I'll come over and catch up with you, but I'll be expecting something from that bakery of yours. God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura, I thought I had posted on this blog entry earlier this week, but must have pressed the wrong key somehow (?) anyway happy New year ....have you been finding yourself counting the weeks until spring? Everything here is covered in a blanket of snow. I can hardly wait for my tulips and crocusses to make their appearance! Salmon and broccoli sounds delicious, and the pictures are lovely as well. Blessings sweetly to you and not so little anymore ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan. No, I never got your comment. Happy New Year to you too! I would love to see your spring bulbs pop up. Loves,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.