December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas Daybook

FOR TODAY

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!!

Outside my window...

Roads with other people driving on them...yeah!!

It is such a delight NOT to drive every day. (Christmas Break)
One person asked me why I became a School Bus Driver if I don't like driving...for the people, for the kids.

I am thankful...

For life lessons.
Learning that patience is evidence of thankfulness.

 Don't you agree?
What else in our lives is evidence of thankfulness?

In the kitchen...

Abundant yummies for the holidays.

But, I seem to be drawn to one thing only...chips and guacamole.

I am wearing...

My favorite lavender lotion


I am hearing...

The quiet of a rainy afternoon at home.

I am going...

to begin preparing for a Ladies Retreat early next year.

I hope you come.

On my mind...

Secrets...

both good and evil secrets.

Tell me. do you think secrets and mysteries are the same thing?

I am reading...

"Ourselves" by Charlotte Mason 
and
"How to be your own selfish pig: And other ways you've been brainwashed" by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay

These are a couple of Sophia's school books...interesting reading.

I am hoping...

To get some photos printed to mail out to relatives. 

Soon, people, soon. 


Around the house...


The final result.
(Soaking wet hair and clothes, muddy boots from tramping through the tree farm, and an hour of brainstorming to figure out how to make it stand straight)

I wasn't really involved, except for the driving.
Well...I did help with the brainstorming, however,
if it was up to me, we would do without the tree and clutter.

Majority ruled, kids won.


New additions to the tree this year.




A Josh Groban album playing in the background

One Three of my favorite things...

Nephews!





A few plans for the rest of the month:


Try not to eat too much,
Give thanks,
Rest,
Pray,
Worship,
Ice Skating,
Write,
...and more...

God bless you from the Santos Family...


For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


(Click on this LINK for other daybooks)

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!! Someday we'll be up close friends! Have a beautiful day sweet Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry belated Christmas and happy New year! When you mentioned patience and thankfulness, you described my husband, I only wish I could be more patient and thankful like he is. I adore Christmas lights and trees and cards and decorations....and am also aware of the pagan origins...however I like a comment I saw somewhere which stated that the devil is a robber, before he stole trees and lights and pretty things to attach to a pagan holiday, God had first made trees and lights and pretty things. True. I like that, and what is done or not done is done out of love....not fear of "you-know-who" lol ! Love you and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Susan. I hope you had a happy Christmas time. Your husband sounds delightful. I am only just learning the characteristics of Thankfulness and trying to pass them on to the kids. Another one I thought of, cheerfulness.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.