November 25, 2014

Thankful Tea


 I'm Having...

My usual: Jasmine tea with a slice of sourdough toast. What are you having?
Can I get you anything else? I always have a chocolate stash...

I'm feeling...

Sustained, my new normal.  I look with confidence to the day when Life will overflow again. Who's to say my bare sustenance is not abundance to another person anyway? We don't always see how rich we really are. Besides, it is the poor and needy remnant that puts their trust in God. Have you ever considered that being poor and needy is a gift and not a curse?

I'm Thankful for...

My children. Yes, I know, every mother is thankful for their children...but these aren't just my children. They are my friends, my fellow laborers, they share my dreams, fears and struggles. 

We fight, laugh, cry and build together. I am so, so thankful for them!

I'm wondering...

How are you? What are you most thankful for?
Do you celebrate Thanksgiving where you live?
How? We will have dinner with good friends and hopefully share
our testimonies of God's goodness.

It's amazing to me how little people consider that God and his angels, and Satan and his fellows live among us. We ignore that reality and live only in the tangible...but we are SOULS. Life is spiritual. Physical circumstances are temporary, but life is eternal. Giving Thanks should include more than the touch and feel stuff...

It should include Love...

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I pray I can love more...


7 comments:

  1. Love catching up with you :))) no thanksgiving here in Australia, but my brother and his daughter (from Denver) are here visiting which has been wonderful and lots of fun:). Thinking of you all.

    In Gods Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of those great women who are ALWAYS thankful!! How nice to have family visit...I'm jealous.

      Delete
  2. So true about how most are not often mindful of the spiritual side of things and the angels and demons all around us. I just said something similar to my husband yesterday...about the fact that many deny Jesus and the Bible, yet the fact that there is that spiritual aspect of good and evil constantly so pervasive is evidence, proof that the Bible is true. Even atheists agree that Thou shalt not kill and Thou shalt not steal are right. They reveal their ignorance when they decide which commandments are right and then say "there is no God" and mock Him. One day they will have to eat their words, and it won't taste very good.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! It's good to hear from you. Yes, "one day" is coming. All the more reason to love truly and "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." Eph 5.

      Snow where you are?

      Delete
    2. Yes, not much snow, just a light dusting right now. We had a snow storm a week and a half ago but all that melted a few days later. I planted some bulbs just before that storm...just in time. Now I can hardly wait to see what comes up in the spring. How are you enjoying being a bus driver?

      Delete
    3. I think I'm over the anxiety, although every day is full of its unknowns. I'm gaining confidence as a driver and pray for all my sweet and naughty passengers...(wink).

      Delete
  3. Hello Dear Laura, I was just thinking about you! I pray you and your children are doing well! May you have a blessed and peaceful Christmas! I appreciate you and I think you are a brave woman of God!
    Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.