October 12, 2014

Let's go for a walk!


Galloping Gertie collapsed in 1940 but was rebuilt by 1950.


The second bridge was built beginning in 2001 and completed in 2007. 

We are blessed to have watched the entire process, 
Having driven across it countless times we never walked it.



Let's GO!




If you click on the picture you may be able to see the people
on the beach below.



Taking this picture made my knees wobble.


The cables...it is a suspension bridge.


A large fishing boat sailing under us.






2 comments:

  1. Lovely shots - I have a thing about highs so look over the edge of some of those very high bridges would make my heart beat faster than it should!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo. Sophia's like you, she never let go of the rail.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.