June 8, 2014

A Sunday in June

FOR TODAY

Sunday June 8th, 2014

Outside my window...

several little birds eating the seeds I tossed out on the deck:
chickadees, juncos, warblers...such sweeties!

I am thankful...

to have a purpose, to be loved

In the kitchen...

Must there always be something coming from the kitchen?

Can't we just have a 'cuppa tea' and call it good?

Ok, Ok, I'll get you some leftover spaghetti and meatballs. How about a small salad? Sorry, no garlic bread...we're out. There is chocolate fudge ice cream with fresh strawberries for dessert.

I am wearing...

A burgundy blouse with a white skirt and my mother's pearls...I love this outfit, feminine and Summery.

I am creating...

No, I'm not creating (unless you count the writing I do every day)...but the kids are.


Naomi creating another fairy house. 


Sophia creating scrapbook pages.

Noah recently made (out of branches he cut in the forest) his own bow and arrows...and spears...and knives...and other long sharp dangerous, don't-bring-them-in-the-house weapons. 

I am going...

To miss my cousin's wedding, sadly.
I love you, Kady and Silas!

On my mind...


The tough things God calls us to do. 
What makes them so tough? 
My own will. 

I am reading...

Good friends, Tozer, Spurgeon, Chambers and MacDonald.

They keep me grounded, my fathers in the Faith.

I am hoping...

That my family from California will come and visit me.

We eagerly await your arrival! 

I am remembering...

these words...

Give as ’twas given to you in your need,
  Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
  Unto your mission be true.

Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
  Make me a blessing to someone today


~oOo~

What if that "helpless" is someone you don't like? 
someone you try to avoid? 
someone who has hurt you?

I sang this hymn at church today and saw in my mind such a person.
"No, Lord. I don't want to be blessing to him."

"But I want to bless him, through YOU," I hear in my heart.

How can I say no? Yet, it makes me want to spit to say yes.

(**UPDATE in the comments)

Around the house...

so many blessings!
A place to sit,
a place to sleep, and to eat,
books to read,
music to enjoy,

We are so rich!

I am hearing...

The quiet of a large house waiting expectantly for the return of three happy souls to make it small and cozy again.

A quote for today...

"Father, I will be content with what you give me, and with what you deny me."
~ Laura Santos

One of my favorite things...

green apple candy

A few plans for the rest of the month:

I don't know...I suppose I should check my calendar.
My secretary is not home.

A picture thought to share...




This guy landed on my shoulder the other day...only for a second...
but he took my breath away.

(Click on this LINK for other daybooks)

5 comments:

  1. I love that quote...I should really do better in trying to live by it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing your day. That cup of tea sounds like a wonderful idea, I was about to put the kettle on!!

    have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...and so true about contentment <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been praying about how I can "be a blessing" to this one I try to avoid. I hear "You don't have to give him your kidney. Let's start out with a wave and a smile when you see him, and pray more for his joy and peace." My reply? "Yes, Lord." So far, so good and my obedience to God does not guarantee a response.

    I love the Lord! He is always challenging me to do and be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the tough things we are called to do are tough because of our will, and often our pride. At least for me! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.