May 28, 2014

June soon...

FOR TODAY

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Outside my window...

Big Clouds...Go away clouds! 
I have plans that require sunshine.

I am thankful...

For my neighborhood...quiet, safe, and friendly...a great place for my frequent walks. 

In the kitchen...

Chicken marinating for the Penny Auction Picnic tomorrow

I am wearing...

Black sweats and my walking shoes.

I will change quickly into my blue dress to go shopping later...
just a few finishing touches needed for the picnic.

I am creating...

centerpieces, auction paddles, decorations for a happy time.

I am going...

to trust God for the proper weather.

I am wondering...

What that proper weather will be!

I am reading...

Feelings Women Rarely Share, by Judy Reamer
More Love to Thee, by George Prentiss

I am hoping...

To do a blog post about the Reamer book.

I am learning...

That perfect Love casts out all fear...I want to learn more about this!

Around the house...

Auction Items
Flower centerpieces
Platters waiting for baked or fried chicken
Lemons for lemonade

I am hearing...

"Davy Crockett" in the background, one of Noah's favorite shows.
There is also a fly (or a bee) that keeps flying into the glass door...tap, tap, tap.

A quote for today...

"Age is not all decay; it is the ripening, the swelling of the fresh life within that withers and bursts the husk." ~ George MacDonald.

I find this thought to be true. I feel as if the life within me is ready to burst, it is abundant, but it is due to aging, more experience, knowledge and wisdom.

The result? More smiles, more wrinkles, more grey. 

One of my favorite things...

A good sleep

I am remembering...

The children playing their violins for a tiny Spanish church last week. 
Such a happy time!  It put me in remembrance of my Summers spent in Mexico.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

A Penny Auction!
babysitting
writing
bowling

 (Jim Gaffigan: “Really, there are two types of people who go bowling. There are people who really, really love bowling. Then there are the people that are like: wouldn'’t it be hysterical if we went bowling?”)

A picture thought to share...


Low tide near home


Here, the kids are running where they would normally be swimming.


Hunting for crabs at low tide.

(Click on this LINK for other daybooks)

2 comments:

  1. "Perfect love cast out all fear" I've been thinking about that one much lately as well...lovely photos and thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is June tomorrow and that is so hard to believe. Where has half the year gone. I have great plans for this year and all have been tossed away. God has reminded me that His plans are better than mine (at the moment I struggle to understand but I am sure I will one day - having a son suffering depression isn’t something I find any joy in).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.