April 12, 2014

Saturday Afternoon

When the children and I first moved to this house I had a private thought.

"Too bad those Rhododendron bushes aren't Camellia's."

Just a private thought, not a prayer, not a wish.

But Someone was listening to my thoughts, and caring, and planning on a little surprise for me.

One sunny morning, while sitting in "My Chair",  I looked up and saw these beautiful Camellia blossoms. I nearly jumped. "Oh, oh! Kids! Look! There's a Camellia tree growing next to the deck!"

What a pleasant and intimate surprise!

The tree is just for me. 
It's not visible from the street or any other place on the property except
my morning spot. I can also step out on my private balcony to enjoy the top of the tree or to cut some branches. What a loving gift from my Heavenly Father.



Even with special gifts, some days a mother needs some peace and quiet. 

I sent the kids outside with strict instructions:

"I don't want to see or hear you until lunch, 
which may not be for a very long time. GO!"



When I called them in for a hearty bowl of soup and thick chunks of cornbread, 
I saw that they had been busy. 


After lunch, they moved camp to follow the sun and gathered books and Kindle for the rest of the day.

It's been a peaceful and quiet time. 

8 comments:

  1. They moved camp again. Now they are in the back with the afternoon sun. First, they had to slump through the bog to get the poles/sticks for the tents. They used my boots...payback I guess for having to stay outside all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile.... (Betty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura :) Beautiful pictures as always. Heavenly Father blesses more than we'll ever know ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He does. I've been reading your blog lately...I wish we could sit and have tea. I'll try to comment next time I come for a visit. I hate to "write a book" so I end up saying nothing. But, it's been good...real good stuff!

      Delete
  4. Precious small blessings can mean so much. A friend of mine who, looking for a city apartment, was disappointed at the lack of nature around her. She prayed for a place with trees. The apartment just right for them price-wise had a tree, the only one with a tree. She didn't even know it until after her husband paid for it. God gives us small gifts just for our comfort. I'm convinced of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stories like this. I really wanted a soaking tub...but our budget is not big and you don't often find a big soaking tub in rentals. Well, I am happy to say, I enjoy a big, deep soaking tub in our little cottage. The Lord loves to give good gifts. I am one spoiled daughter!

      Delete
  5. My dad loves Camellias, they are one of his favourite flowers and often has them in a bowl inside in winter. I use to send my boys outside to play just so I could have a break from their running about and chatter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.