April 28, 2014

Rich in need

There are days when it seems like just one more thing will overwhelm you. Your strength is waning, the needs are mounting and you are left in a heap. With seemingly nothing to give, no time, no strength, no ideas, you feel empty.

Take heart! Rejoice! That is when you have the most to give!

"When he has more than he can eat
To feed a stranger's not a feat.

When he has more than he can spend
It isn't hard to give or lend.

Who gives but what he'll never miss
Will never know what giving is.

He'll win few praises from his Lord
Who does but what he can afford.

The widow's mite to heaven went
Because real sacrifice it meant.
~ Edgar Guest

I think of King David's words "I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God that cost me nothing."

Do you feel like everything has been taken from you? Perhaps you can't see that you have been given much. You have been given an opportunity to give out of your need.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways,
 and my thoughts than your thoughts.
~Isaiah 55:8-9

Are you a Christian? Then your citizenship is a heavenly one. We must stop viewing our problems only in the tangible, here and now. God wants to relate to you, to have you know Him as He knows you. Do you also want that? Maybe not. Maybe, like me, there are times when you just want all this world has to offer...forget about who God is or what He offers. 

Rather than knowing God, we pray, "Give me good health, financial blessings. Fix all my relationships and make my days sunny." 

Have you ever served your family joyfully while suffering with pain and fatigue? 
Have you ever loved your enemy, praying for and serving him with kindness? 
Have you ever sung happy songs of praise when the weather was bad or the bank account was empty?

If the answer is yes, Blessed are you! What else can you give to the Lord who has saved you? Every thing you have has been given to you...even your need has been given to you. But giving out of your need, it costs you. Only then, do you really have something to give to the God you love so much.

And he said, "Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them.
For they all contributed out of their abundance,
 but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
~Luke 21:3-4

Are you in need? Now, you have something to give to our Great Savior. Rejoice!

There is that maketh himself rich, yet hath nothing.
There is that maketh himself poor, yet hath great riches.
~Proverbs 13:7



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.