April 26, 2014

April's end

For Today

Saturday, April 26th, 2014

Outside our window...

is George (my car) patiently waiting for a wash

I am thankful...

that just when I am about to mourn the loss of cherry blossoms and daffodils,
 the dogwoods and lilacs start to bloom.

I am wearing...

Blue pants, white tee and sweater, blue/white scarf.

Hey, I guess I look like an airline stewardess.

So be it.

From the kitchen..

Sophia is making a cake.

I may put together a salad with salmon but it feels too cold for cold food.

I am learning...

to live a life of freedom and authority in Christ scares some Christians.

They would rather I be safe and secure in a tight little cage.

Presenting a false doctrine, they try to force me into a box, but I am made to fly.

"...they will mount up with wings as eagles..."

I am creating...

New friendships, but missing the old.

Old friend, I miss you! Once in my heart, always in my heart.

I am going... 

To buy a new dictionary.

I am remembering...

when the children and I watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."

They skipped the songs but thoroughly enjoyed the fight/dance scenes.

Middle Skittle walloped the air, Noah chewed on his hat with a smile, Sophia exclaimed at all the acrobatics.


I am thinking...

how easy it is to "be a Christian" yet not know God.

I am reading...

If I Perish, by Esther Ahn Kim

Here's a quote from the author:

"I cannot explain how such a weak woman as I was given such wonderful blessings during times of fear and suffering."

I am hearing....

 the song "Let's go fly a kite."

The girls must be watching Mary Poppins. Oh no. Hope I can get that song out of my head!

Around the house...

Shadows and grey...so typical of our area. But we are happy nonetheless.

I can smell Sophia's cake baking in the oven. 
She's not making it easy for me to lose my winter plump

A quote to share...

"Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light."

(one of my favorite hymns)

Some of my favorite things...

are people!

Happy Birthday Wally Boy!

I wish I was at your party today.

A few plans for the rest of the month...

Only four more days...

Farmers Market
Choir concert

I am hoping...

My niece receives her birthday gift soon and that she enjoys it.

Love you, Sarah!

A picture thought to share:


Wally Boy!

(You can enjoy other daybooks HERE)

4 comments:

  1. How easy it is to be a Christian and not know God...this really made me stop and think. It's so true!

    I can't believe this month is gone...enjoy what is left of it friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more - how many people confess to be Christian and behave anything but. I will have to look up the book you mentioned.

    The 26th of April is my husband's birthday - he woke at 6am as he was so eager to open his presents!! Still a boy at heart:))

    Have a lovely and blessed week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to your husband! Hope you two had a happy day celebrating. There are also the Christians that look and act like Christians doing everything right, but lack a real relationship with God.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.