April 7, 2014

April Daybook

For Today

Monday, April 7th, 2014

Outside our window...

A Camellia Tree in bloom...gorgeous!

I am thankful...

For Kindness.

Have you ever thought how kindness makes life so pleasant?

I am wearing...

A cobalt blue dress with a black cardigan and black ballet flats.


From the kitchen..

Chili soup with all the toppings,
(kale, olives, tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream)

Tortilla chips

Cantaloupe/Banana salad

I am learning...

About my authority in Christ.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 
Acts 1:8
I am creating...

Pages...still.

Writing something everyday.

I wonder what God will have me do with it all?

I am going... 

to hang some flower pots on the deck and balcony.

I am remembering...

My drive home from the grocery store.

The sun-roof open,
the road winding through the forest,
the sun filtering through the trees,
a favorite song playing on the radio,
my hair blowing in the wind.

God is good to give such happy gifts!

I am reading...

I Give you Authority by Charles Kraft

I am hearing....

This song playing in my head:



Around the house...

I finally cleaned my room, and my desk. 
A breeze blows through the lace curtains enticing me to lie on my bed to enjoy the clean and neat order.

A quote to share...

"Godliness with contentment is great gain."

Some of my favorite things...

blue skies

blue waters

blue dresses

A few plans for the rest of the month...

Another piano recital

Several walks to the beach
(This is a big deal. There is a very steep hill to walk down to get there, which means there is a very steep hill to climb up to get home. If I don't post for a while, either come 'n get me or call 911)

Celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!

I am hoping...

for more sunshine. It is a balm to my soul.

A picture thought to share:



Naomi decided she is not too old to keep making fairy houses.

I wonder if anyone has moved in yet?

(You can enjoy other daybooks HERE)

12 comments:

  1. That is quite the house, Naomi! :-)

    Continued Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip from the grocery store sounds lovely.
    Godliness with contentment is great gain, so true!
    Love the fairy house.
    I've enjoyed peeking at your daybook, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind visit, Kim. Nice to meet you. I enjoyed my visit at your place.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I LOVE sunny days and her little fairy home! This week is supposed to be sunny the rest of the week, after today. Now I am feeling guilty because I left all the horses out and it is raining on them. Do you think they will survive?? I think they will melt. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend! I'm getting a tan today! (sunday aft.) Loves,

      Delete
  4. You quoted my life verse! I don't see it quoted often, so mil gracias. I do love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good one, isn't it? Thank you Anna!

      Delete
  5. Hello! I made note that you are closing the Santos times. You may want to update your profile to link to this site so you don't lose any readers. I am always so blessed when I visit you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, You always encourage me in hospitality and gratefulness. Thanks for your frequent visits. Loves,

      Delete
  6. I am fascinated with these little fairy houses. I have been thinking it would be cute to do with my daughter. Are they expensive to make?

    God has been showing me how discontent can really hinder a life. It is a difficult thing to be content when you are in the middle of a storm, but great blessings come from it.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary! So nice to meet you, thanks for stopping by. Naomi made her fairy house with cardboard and stuff from the yard...so it cost nothing. You just need imagination. She's made little paths with dandelions and bridges out of twigs. I have also enjoyed contributing to her houses, making furniture out of little pebbles or walnut shells. It's fun!

      Yes, contentment in a storm is hard. Sometimes it's easier to be content when we focus on Who is in the storm with us. Storms are inevitable, but He is our refuge in times of trouble. Have a good day!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.