March 3, 2014

Marching on...

For Today

Monday, March 3, 2014

Outside our window...

Sunshine and wet grass from the recent rains.
Naomi is out splashing in it as I type.
She looks happy in her pink paisley rain boots.

(ah, I see Noah snuck outside too. He just pedaled fast down the street on his bike.
That means his schoolwork is finally done...I hope.)

I am thankful...

For healing!

(not everything, but some!)

What once brought pain and shame is all better.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3

I am wearing...

A long sleeve sweater and a suede skirt.

I should do something with my hair...resembling Medusa right now.

From the kitchen..

Salmon
Salad
Fruit

Caramel ice cream

I am learning...

To say Yes to the No's in my life...

God says No, and I say "O-key Do-key"

All Christians practice this daily, don't we? Some no's hurt less than others.

Key word - learning.

This is evidence of God's kind faithfulness. He can be trusted.

I am creating...

Pages...doing a lot of writing.
I missed my deadline, but that's O.K.
I am still writing and there will be other opportunities.

One day at a time...

I am going... 

To get the tires aligned on my car
(is that how you say it? or realigned, or switched around? whatever)

It's very new to have to take care of EVERYTHING now...the car, the garage, the repairs. I am thankful that our little cottage comes with gardeners...I don't have to worry about the yard and the trees. Thank you, Lord.

I am remembering...

I have an important letter to write.
Why do I keep putting it off?

I also have an important call to make.
I keep putting that off too...

At least I am remembering...right? I'm remembering, isn't that good enough?

I'll get to it!

I am reading...

Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge

A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis

A Hidden Life and Other Poems by George MacDonald

I just realized the other day that I was reading.
For so many years the demands of wife-ing and mothering did not allow time for reading.

...a benefit to this season in my life.

I am hearing....

Sophia's History teacher teaching in the background.

Naomi and Noah collaborating

The fire crackling in the wood stove

Around the house...

Muted light streaming in from a sunny day.

The house is clean and the laundry is put away.

I had to do something to avoid writing that letter or making that call.

A quote to share...

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned."
~ Peter Marshall

Is he talking to me?

Some of my favorite things...

A long walk

A clear mind

Flitting chickadees

A few plans for the rest of the month...

The girls have solo and class adjudications for violin.

Orthodontist appointments...every month,
(bleh! I am, however, becoming a braver and better driver in all that traffic!)

Naomi's birthday...eleven years old this month!

I am hoping...

and praying for healing for our Sophia Lou.

Will you join me in praying for her?

A picture thought to share:


Enjoying the sunset in California last month.

(You can enjoy other daybooks HERE)

5 comments:

  1. Did you make your call/write your letter?? I cleaned my own toilet! So it's safe for you to visit now -- quickly before the snow disappears next week. :D {maybe... will the warmer weather really come??}

    I've missed you ~ must figure out a way to keep up better! Aha - perhaps via Google+ so I will get a link in email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not yet! But, I'm glad you reminded me. I'm picking up the phone right now. All your comments really gave me a smile. I hope you have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura your writing always has me smiling, feeling the lightness of the breezes and sunlight in your gentle thoughts, like freshly washed linens hanging on the line dancing merrily and brightly on a shining and crisp late spring day.

    I hope and pray Sophia gets well soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan!

      Thank you for praying for Sophia :)

      Delete
  4. I've just finished reading an interesting book on CSLewis, what a fascinating man.

    Have a lovely weekend:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments. I love visiting with you and I hope you come again.